Do a Full Day Cookery Course at the Waitrose Cookery School
There are the usual suspects – in-store recipe cards, a weekly free newsletter (very good, in my opinion), a website, plus a monthly glossy magazine enticing us with the latest on-trend recipes (5 ways with an avocado, anyone?).
But unlike their competitors, they’ve gone one step further by becoming the first supermarket chain to open up its own cookery school. If you live in London or Salisbury – put your apron on, you’re in luck. The Foodie Travel Guide
Learn to Cook With Waitrose
Supermarket retailer Waitrose, opened its first cookery school in 2010. Located above its Finchley Road branch, the school is a huge 4,600 ft² space comprising a theatre, teaching area, dining area, bar and kitchen. Four years later, a second followed at its Salisbury branch. Its third cookery school opened at London’s King’s Cross in 2015, housed along with a new store, in a former Grade II-listed Midlands Goods Shed on Granary Square.
Cookery Courses For Everyone
Each Waitrose cookery school has a distinctive cooking style. Choose a course at Finchley Road if you want to create classic dishes with a contemporary twist. They host supper clubs here, too. If following global trends and eating street food are more to your taste, try a cookery class at King’s Cross. For family cooking, demos, wine tasting events and special workshops for children, head to Salisbury.
Spend a Day at the Waitrose Cookery School
If you really want to up your cooking game, get stuck in with a full day course. It’s one of the best ways to experience everything the school has to offer. You’ll receive 5 hours of tuition and can choose from different classes depending upon the location. Tantalising courses include World Street Food, Mexican Fiesta, Korean Kitchen, Turkish Delight, Feast from the Middle East or Dinner for Friends. A Waitrose full day cookery course for two is a safe bet if you’re looking for a gift for two budding chefs.
- If you’re doing a cooking course at Waitrose Cookery School in Salisbury, pay a visit to their Leckford Estate Farm Shop in Longstock
- Fancy tasting English sparkling wine? Waitrose Wine Cellar has one of the best selections of English wine including Ridgeview Wine Estate, Chapel Down vineyard & Hush Heath Estate in Kent, Bolney Wine Estate in Sussex and Denbies Estate near Dorking
- Tempted to buy some of the shiny equipment and gadgets available at the cookery school? Take a look at the John Lewis Cook Shop
How to Find The Waitrose Cookery Schools
Waitrose Cookery School King’s Cross, Granary Square, King’s Cross N1C 4BZ
Waitrose Cookery School King's Cross
Waitrose Cookery Courses
- Cookery schools in London & Salisbury
- Courses for all levels
- Wide range of cuisines & classes
- Short classes, demos & supper nights
- Cookery experience days
You May Also Like:
Take the guesswork out of where to stay in London with our hotel recommendations. From boutique hotels to gastropubs with rooms, we’ve got lots of delicious recommendations for you.