Master Traditional Italian Cuisine at La Cucina Caldesi
La Cucina Caldesi Cookery School, Marylebone, London
La Cucina Caldesi is the only dedicated Italian cookery school in central London. It celebrates Italian food and wine with great warmth, hospitality and a respect for tradition.
Learn to cook traditional Italian dishes at La Cucina Caldesi in Marylebone
Are you still dreaming of the food you tasted on your summer holiday in Tuscany? Of the platters of assorted antipasti, the tomato bruschetta drizzled with olive oil, the steaming bowls of pasta and colourful pizza?
At La Cucina Caldesi, you can re-create those rich and comforting dishes by taking an Italian cookery course with the experts.
This is London’s Little Italy for cooks. On the days when the frost moans, it will take you back to the warmth of an Italian summer’s day and bring sunshine into your kitchen.The Foodie Travel Guide
Lessons in Authentic Italian Cooking
Giancarlo and Katie Caldesi opened their Italian Cookery School in London in 2005. It’s neatly tucked away on a little cobbled street behind their popular and informal Italian restaurant Caffe Caldesi in Marylebone. Drawing on Giancarlo’s Tuscan roots, the school offers courses in traditional and regional Italian cuisine.
Giancarlo Caldesi taking a class at La Cucina Caldesi
Create Tasty Trattoria Dishes
The emphasis at the school is on learning traditional methods and techniques passed down by generations of Italian cooks. In a setting that’s relaxed and sociable – Giancarlo, Katie, talented chef tutor, Stefano Borella, and an impressive list of guest chefs including Sophie Grigson – all run intimate classes for small groups.
There are daytime, evening and hands-on weekend classes. Each one finishes with the tasty meal you’ve created and a glass of wine. Try a pizza-making masterclass, a 3-hour course cooking seasonal trattoria-style dishes or for the sweet-toothed, a chocolate and macaroons class.
- Marylebone is a popular foodie destination in London. Take a guided tour of the Sunday Farmers’ Market followed by a Cookery Class at La Cucina Caldesi
- Tuck into an Italian lunch at Caffe Caldesi
- Buy beautiful Emma Bridgwater ceramic serving platters at her flagship London store on Marylebone High Street
- Smell the artisan cheese in the cheese room at La Fromagerie
- For delicious Italian food in the English countryside, book a table at Caldesi in Campagna, Giancarlo and Katie’s restaurant in the foodie village of Bray
- Discover more Italian recipes in Katie Caldesi’s book The Italian Cookery Course Book
- Fancy cooking a different cuisine? Try the cookery courses at Atelier des Chefs just around the corner
How to Find La Cucina Caldesi Cookery School
La Cucina 118 Marylebone Lane, Marylebone, London W1U 2QF
La Cucina Caldesi
The Foodie Travel Guide
Sally is the founder and editor of The Foodie Travel Guide. She travels around the UK and beyond in search of the best foodie days out, tasting experiences and delicious places to stay. She loves a glass of English sparkling wine, afternoon tea with friends and escaping London for gastronomic adventures.
La Cucina Caldesi Cookery School
- Italian cooking classes are in London
- Fun and informative
- Tea, coffee & biscotti on arrival
- Eat the dishes you create
- Enjoy a glass of wine
You May Also Like:
Take the guesswork out of where to stay in London with our hotel recommendations. From boutique hotels to gastropubs with rooms, we’ve got lots of delicious recommendations for you.