Take a Barrel Ride at The Scotch Whisky Experience
The Scotch Whisky Experience, Edinburgh, Scotland
Take a swirling, bubbling barrel ride through a replica whisky distillery at The Scotch Whisky Experience, a top Edinburgh attraction dedicated to telling the story of Scotch Whisky.
Visit one of Edinburgh’s top attractions – The Scotch Whisky Experience Photo ©: D. Nicholson
If you yearn for the distillery tours of the Malt Whisky trail, this may not be your ‘wee dram’ of choice.
The Scotch Whisky Experience is undoubtedly a fun, interactive rainy day activity for families. Where else can you go for a whisky barrel ride?
Serious whisky lovers and connoisseurs can choose from a range of tours and tasting experiences.
The Foodie Travel Guide
Take a Tour of a Replica Whisky Distillery
The tour, which lasts an hour, starts with a ride in your very own whisky barrel. Travelling through a replica distillery, you’ll learn about the whisky-making process and hear stories about the origins of whisky from the knowledgable expert guides and whisky specialists.
Taste a Wee Dram
Of course, you’re invited to taste a wee dram too (children under 18 years old are given Irn Bru). Adults even go home with their own whisky glass. The tour ends with the world’s largest collection of whisky and, as you’d expect, their very well-stocked whisky shop.
Enjoy a range of whisky tours and tastings at The Scotch Whisky Experience
Shop For Whisky With An Expert
There are over 300 single malt, grain and blended whiskies tempting you into a purchase before you leave. If you’re overwhelmed by the available choice, there’s a Personal Shopping service to help you make your selection.
- There are different experiences to choose from. The Platinum Tour gives you the chance to taste more whiskies including a 21 year-old Scotch whisky
- The Whisky Shop is open to everyone regardless of whether you have been on the tour
- If you’d prefer to tour a real whisky distillery, the Glenkinchie Distillery is an easy day trip from Edinburgh
Mr Hendricks says,”They tell me that Guide Dogs are allowed on the whisky tour”.
How to Find The Scotch Whisky Experience
The Scotch Whisky Experience, 354 Castlehill, Edinburgh EH1 2NE
The Scotch Whisky Experience
Guided Silver Whisky Tour The Scotch Whisky Experience
- 50-minute guided tour of the Scotch Whisky Experience
- Ideal for first-time whisky drinkers looking for an introduction to Scotland’s national drink
- Take a ride through a replica distillery in a whisky barrel
- Enjoy a guided tasting session
- View the world’s largest collection of whisky and take home a crystal whisky glass as a souvenir
- A family-friendly experience suitable for travellers under 18
You May Also Like:
Take the guesswork out of where to stay in Edinburgh with our hotel recommendations. From boutique hotels to gastropubs with rooms, we’ve got lots of delicious recommendations for you.