Cook on Hugh’s Farm With a River Cottage Cookery Class
It’s the stuff that smallholder dreams are made of – a bucolic setting and home grown produce just outside your kitchen door. This is hearty and authentic comfort food to share. The essential ingredients that bind friends and family together.
Try one of the cookery classes at River Cottage and it will warm the cockles of your heart. It’s a special place that will take you back to a simpler time when we lived off the land and knew what to do with a pig’s trotter.
The Foodie Travel Guide
River Cottage Cookery Classes
- Tour River Cottage
- Full Day Cooking Experiences
- Range of expert classes available
- Enjoy a delicious meal at the end of the day
- Fantastic gift experience
Spend a Full Day Cooking at River Cottage
If you’ve travelled all the way to Devon, you may as well go the whole hog and do the Full Day River Cottage cooking experience. From the moment you hop on the tractor in the morning, to when you sit down at the end of the day to eat the veritable feast you’ve created, you’ll be immersed in the River Cottage way of life. On the day’s menu – five scrumptious cookery classes focusing on bread, puddings, meat, veg and fish.
Take a Cookery Class in Bread Baking or Master Nose-to Tail Butchery
As devoted fans know, the ethos at River Cottage is all about cooking with local seasonal produce and taking a nose-to-tail approach. Take the ‘Pig in a Day’ cookery course if you want to try your hand at pork butchery with Meat Expert, Steve Lamb and see how he does it. And, if freshly baked sourdough, warm from the oven, is your thing – the bread-making course. You’ll knead and shape a variety of loaves and cook a wood-fired pizza, too. The full day fish cookery class will get you filleting mackerel, hot smoking and preparing shellfish.
- The farm is located down a steep slope so take the tractor-trailer ride from the car park if you have mobility issues
- Classes are taken by a River Cottage chef with a maximum of 20 participants
- For an alternative taste of River Cottage, why not book a dining experience for two?
- If you’ve had a good time, come back for the River Cottage Summer Fair in August
WHERE IS RIVER COTTAGE HQ?
River Cottage Cookery School
RIVER COTTAGE COOKERY SCHOOL
Trinity Hill Road, Axminster, EX13 8TB