The Ludlow Magnalonga Walk, Ludlow, Shropshire (August)
Magnalonga is an annual mouthwatering walk for foodies in the beautiful Shropshire countryside. It’s held as part of the early programme of activities leading up to Ludlow Food Festival in September.
- Walk in the Shropshire countryside
- Enjoy tasting stops on the walk
- Taste local food and drink
- Part of the Ludlow Food Festival
Join Fellow Foodies On The Magnalonga
This popular walk for foodies has its origins in Italy. It’s based on a similar and very successful event organised by wine-makers in Ludlow’s twin town of San Pietro in Cariano, near Verona – the home of delicious Valpolicella.
Follow a True Tasting Trail
The annual Magnalonga walk, which has been running for over 13 years now, starts and finishes in Ludlow and generally is around 8 miles in length. The aim is to walk at a relatively leisurely pace enjoying the unspoilt countryside of the Shropshire Marches with its fine views and stopping along the way to taste delicious local produce from the area.
Savour Shropshire’s Finest Produce
At each stop, you can enjoy a course of a meal washed down with local real ale or traditional local perry or cider. Previous year’s menus have included dishes such as pork, cider and apple pie, Italian hunter’s chicken stew with beer from the Ludlow Brewery, a selection of local cheeses served with Welsh cakes and an apple and cinnamon strudel dessert served with a cider liqueur from the Ludlow Distillery.
- Tickets go on sale in June and sell out so book early to avoid disappointment
- The Magnalonga is organised entirely by volunteers so why not join them and help out on the day?
- Come back in September for the Ludlow Food Festival, one of the most popular festivals for foodies in Britain
- Don’t miss visiting The Ludlow Food Centre to shop for local Shropshire produce
WHERE TO STAY IN SHROPSHIRE
Old Downton Lodge
Near Ludlow, Shropshire
Set in an 18th-century farmhouse with views across the Shropshire countryside.
Rooms from £125 a night.
I’m very welcome but must be kept on a lead at all times.