History of London in 4 Drinks Tour, The City, London
Peel away the layers of London’s social history as you taste 4 different drinks on this guided walking tour.
All over the world the Brits are known for being a nation of tea drinkers and rightly so, because we consume vast amounts of the stuff. But do you know the story behind how we first became such prolific consumers? This guided walking tour, run by The Indytute, will give you an insight into British social history through 4 drinks that shaped our culture today – tea, coffee, gin and beer. It’s a fun and relaxing way to see the British, their habits and the city of London, through a drinker’s lens. It’s topical too, with the rise of craft beer and boutique gin, we’re going through a second wave.Sally, Editor, The Foodie Travel Guide
- Tours are are operated by The Indytute
- They run fortnightly on Saturdays and begin at 1pm or 4pm.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and take an umbrella
- Tours cater for a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 14 people
- Delve deeper into Britain’s gin history with our pick of Britain’s best gin distillery tours
- Discover more about Britain’s brewing history with our selection of the UK’s top brewery tours
SHOP THIS STORY
WHERE TO STAY IN LONDON
A 15-minute walk from Richmond Tube Station,the Bingham features luxurious rooms, some overlooking the River Thames.
Rooms from £92 a night.
The Hotel Zetter
The Zetter Hotel is a quirky, award-winning boutique hotel located in fashionable Clerkenwell, London.
Rooms from £135 a night.
Please check with the organisers of this London walking tour.
MEETING POINT – THE HISTORY OF LONDON in 4 DRINKS TOUR
St Paul’s Underground Station,1 Cheapside, London EC2V 6AA.
History of London in 4 Drinks Tour
- Tour Fleet Street, the Strand & The City
- Learn about 18th century London drinking
- Taste gin, beer and tea or coffee