Godminster Cheese Shop Bruton, Somerset
Godminster organic dairy farm is known for its creamy Cheddar cheese. It’s also the grower of essential raw ingredients used to produce premium organic products including its fiery horseradish vodka. Visit the Godminster cheese shop in Bruton for a taste.
Taste creamy organic Cheddar at the Godminster Farm Shop in Bruton
What makes Godminster cheese stand out is the clever way they’ve combined a healthy respect for tradition with a creative flair for their products. If you’re heading down to the West Country, pop in to their Farm Shop in the lovely town of Bruton for a taste and you’ll see what we mean. We guarantee you won’t walk out empty-handed.
- Taste Godminster cheese
- Try Godminster vodka and cordials
- Have a cultural afternoon and lunch at Hauser & Wirth
- Stop for coffee and cake At The Chapel
There’s been a dairy farm at Godminster Farm in Bruton for over 100 years and people living and working on the land for over 5 centuries. In 1996, owner Richard Hollingbery and his family decided to go organic. They became certified organic in 1999 and decided that Cheddar cheese made the best use of their milk.
Taste Godminster Cheddar
Visit Bruton and you can pop in to the Godminster Cheese Shop (it’s open 7 days a week), to taste their cheese and cordials. Godminster Cheddar is made using pasteurised cow’s milk and matured for 12 months before it’s coated in Soil Association-certified burgundy-coloured wax. They also produce an organic brie which comes in 3 different flavours. Try the Godminster Brie with Black Pepper. It’s hand-rolled in crushed peppercorns which contrasts with the fresh and creamy texture of the cheese.
Buy Gorgeous Cheese Gift Boxes
The Godminster creative twist is that you can buy cleverly crafted gift sets that include products such as their apple and beetroot chutney, their award-winning oat digestive biscuits and their rosemary water crackers. The Bloody Mary Kit includes a bottle of fiery horseradish vodka. Cheese romantics will fall for their heart-shaped version of both cheeses.
- A 5 minute walk up the road from the Godminster Cheese Shop is Hauser & Wirth, a beef farm that’s been converted into a modern art space with a stunning garden and a buzzing restaurant
- For patisserie, pizzas and good coffee, pop in to At The Chapel
- Visit Winchester in December and you’ll find Godminster cheese for sale at Winchester Christmas Market
- Looking for a gift? Check out our guide to the Best Gifts For Cheese Lovers
- For a delicious and easy dessert, pour Godminster elderflower cordial over a bowl of vanilla ice cream
Where to Stay in Somerset
The Swan at Wedmore
The Swan offers fresh and modern rooms in the tranquil Somerset village of Wedmore.
Rooms from £68 a night.
Please check with Godminster cheese directly.
How to Find the Godminster Cheese Shop Bruton
Godminster Farm Shop, Station Road, Bruton, Somerset, BA10 0EH
The Foodie Travel Guide
Sally is the founder and editor of The Foodie Travel Guide. She travels around the UK and beyond in search of the best foodie days out, tasting experiences and delicious places to stay. She loves a glass of English sparkling wine, afternoon tea with friends and escaping London for gastronomic adventures.