Do a Masterclass in the Country at The Daylesford Cookery School
The Cookery School at Daylesford, Kingham,The Cotswolds
At the Cookery School on Daylesford organic farm, you can don your chef’s whites and cook with the cream of the Cotswolds.
The cookery school at Daylesford in the Cotswolds is housed in a restored stone barn
Yes, Daylesford is a 2350-acre working organic farm. But this isn’t just any old farm. It’s a luxurious countryside retreat. Manicured to within an inch of its life, Daylesford is one of the Cotswold’s most Instagram-friendly attractions.
With a spa, restaurant, farm shop, flower shop, gift shop and cookery school – Daylesford is a lifestyle destination.
Experience a taste of it by doing a cookery masterclass. It’s pure escapism on a plate with a delicious dose of culinary inspiration thrown in, too.The Foodie Travel Guide
Learn New Cooking Skills on an Organic Farm
The Cookery School at Daylesford is housed in a beautifully restored Cotswold stone barn that overlooks a pretty courtyard with metal tables and chairs, reminiscent of Provence. On the outside, windows are painted just the right shade of sage green to blend in with the surrounding farmland. Inside, there are gleaming work surfaces, state-of-the-art facilities and a colourful illuminated spice rack that would be at home in any design museum.
Spice jars and kitchen provisions
Royal Kitchens Cottage Garden
Take a Culinary Masterclass in The Cotswolds
The regular masterclasses run at Daylesford are suitable for any type of cook. They include demonstrations from tutors but also practical hands-on sessions. As the class calendar changes with the seasons, so does the produce from the farm’s market garden. You’ll be cooking with rare heritage varieties of veg and organic meat, including venison and native breeds of lamb and beef. And the crème de la crème – organic cheese, milk, cream and yoghurt are supplied by the Daylesford Creamery next to the cookery school.
- The team at Daylesford can arrange to pick you up from the nearest train station at Kingham (fast services from London)
- Ingredients, recipes, chef’s whites and Daylesford aprons are all provided on the day
- Teas, coffees and a glass, or two, of wine are provided
- You eat the food you prepare and sometimes get to take some dishes home, too
- You are given a binder of all the recipes you have cooked
- Cookery School guests receive a discount voucher for use in the Daylesford Farm Shop
- Read our review of what else Daylesford has to offer
- Visit in the summer for a delicious day out at The Daylesford Summer Fair
Pear Tree Cottage – a cosy and pretty holiday cottage with two bedrooms in Kingham.
Badger Cottage – a comfortable holiday cottage with two bedrooms and a garden in Kingham.
How to Find the Cookery School at Daylesford
The Cookery School, Daylesford Organic Farm near Kingham, Gloucestershire GL56 0YG
Daylesford Cookery School
The Foodie Travel Guide
Sally is the founder and editor of The Foodie Travel Guide. She travels around the UK and beyond in search of the best foodie days out, tasting experiences and delicious places to stay. She loves a glass of English sparkling wine, afternoon tea with friends and escaping London for gastronomic adventures.
Daylesford Cookery School
- Stunning Cotswold countryside
- State-of-the-art cookery school
- Locally sourced seasonal produce
- Monthly masterclasses
- Half day cooking experience
You May Also Like:
Take the guesswork out of where to stay in The Cotswolds with our hotel recommendations. From boutique hotels to gastropubs with rooms, we’ve got lots of delicious recommendations for you.